[ltp] Fn+F4 does nothing

Qiuye Wang linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 2 Nov 2007 16:48:50 +0100

Hello
On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 03:04:34PM +0100, David Bremner wrote:

>    Qiuye> On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 09:56:43AM +0100, Michael Gaber
>    Qiuye> wrote:
>    Qiuye> well, in /etc/acpi/sleepbtn.sh seems to be as follow:
>    Qiuye> #!/bin/sh
>
>    Qiuye> test -f /usr/share/acpi-support/power-funcs || exit 0
>
>    Qiuye>  . /usr/share/acpi-support/key-constants acpi_fakekey
>    Qiuye> $KEY_SLEEP
>
>    Qiuye> but "acpi_fakekey 142" does nothing.
>
>This seems to be a somewhat common problem; see e.g.
>
>     http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=373660
>
>Anyway, the only workaround that I know about is to add a line that
>actually suspends the laptop for you. I replaced the call to
>acpi_fakekey with
>
>/etc/acpi/sleep.sh

i have changed the /etc/acpi/sleepbtn.sh, and let it direct use the
sleep.sh. Now, my laptop could sleep, but couldn't wake up. it stucked
half way, after i press the Fn key and see some words in console and
with a blankscreen.

i googled for this issue, and try to add
option "VBERestore" "true"
in my xorg.conf and doesn't help.
I have also seen in /etc/acpi/sleep.sh, there is comment:
# If gnome-power-manager or klaptopdaemon are running, let them handle
# policy
Since the suspend option in klaptopdaemon works well(well sleep&well
wake up), i guess maybe klaptopdaemon uses an other mechanism to let
the laptop suspend to ram? Or have i missed something?
>(for details, see
>http://www.cs.unb.ca/~bremner/blog/suspend-to-disk-key.html)
>
>Note that this may interfere with gui powersave tools like kpowersave.
>
>By the way, in the future please tell us what distribution of Linux
>you are running. Much of the acpi support happens outside the kernel.
>Even the kernels are typically customized by the distribution.

Thank you for the advice, i've put some system information in the
Signature.