[ltp] Google earth problem on T23

Jiang Qian linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 3 Nov 2007 14:03:24 -0400

On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 01:28:55PM +0000, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I'm having some problems with the latest Google Earth - version 4.2 -
> on my ThinkPad T23 under Fedora 7 (Linux).
> It freezes sometimes when zooming in,
> and I have to re-boot the machine.
>
> I wonder if anyone else has the same problem,
> or if there is anything one can do about it?
It'll help if you identify your graphic card and driver version. For
example, what's the output of typing
glxinfo
in a terminal? Also, try running googleearth from terminal and record
any possible error messages. Run on console:
googleearch &> /tmp/googlearth_errors &
and after your freeze and reboot, take a look at the end of the file
/tmp/googleearth_errors and report it here.
Also, do you have any temperature reading from your processor? Maybe
it's overheating.
These actions may help the list identifying problems for you.
Jiang