[ltp] Critical temperature reached (80°)

Felix E. Klee linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:10:49 +0100

At Sat, 03 Nov 2007 19:59:08 +0100,
Michael Gaber wrote:

> normally the ondemand is always a good idea, it gives you power if you
> need and lets the CPU cool down if you don't.

I know, but I had "performance" enabled out of laziness: It's a default
setting.  Anyway, I also tried with "ondemand": The overheating problem
also occurred.

> but nevertheless the cpu should not overheat at all if the fan is on
> auto-mode. perhaps you should check if your fan is blocked/dusty or
> call ibm

Perhaps, yes - I had the main board serviced twice already, and the
machine still is in warranty.  However, first, I'll try what happens
under Slackware.

--
Felix E. Klee
Jabber/Google Talk: feklee@jabber.org, SIP: 9779619@sipgate.de