[ltp] Google earth problem on T23

Timothy Murphy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 4 Nov 2007 02:25:25 +0000

On Sat 03 Nov 2007, Claudio Pascalis wrote:

> I tried Google Earth just yesterday, but it was horrible. It was running
> really really slow and I couldnt use it because of the bad performace. I'm
> wondering because I also have a T23 but I'm running Ubuntu 7.10. Direct
> Rendering ist activated and so on.
>
> But it seems that it runs quite good at your T23 (except the crashes ;))?

It used to run fine - well, it is slower than on a T43, but I am patient -
and even with the new version it runs well enough,
except that it freezes the computer after a couple of minutes.

I'm not sure if there is anything one can do when the computer freezes?
I tried Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, etc, but none of these worked.
I had to turn the computer off by pressin the power button.