[ltp] Google earth problem on T23

Sun, 4 Nov 2007 16:05:25 +0200

--qDbXVdCdHGoSgWSk

On Sun, Nov 04, 2007 at 04:10:30AM +0100, Qiuye Wang wrote:
> >I'm not sure if there is anything one can do when the computer freezes?
> >I tried Ctrl-Alt-F1, Ctrl-Alt-Delete, etc, but none of these worked.
> >I had to turn the computer off by pressin the power button.
> by emergency, try Ctrl-Alt-Print-s for sync
> and then Ctrl-Alt-Print-b for reboot
> it's better than the power button.

You don't need Ctrl, just Alt-PrintScreen will do.  Usually that key
combination is called Alt-SysRq, for obscure historical reasons.  I also
suggest Alt+SysRq+u (remount all filesystems read-only) between the sync
and the boot.

And there are crashes where even Alt+SysRq doesn't work, in which case
the power button is the only option.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
Remember the... the... uhh.....