[ltp] Alarming boot messages...

Michael Karcher linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 05 Nov 2007 12:44:09 +0100

Am Montag, den 05.11.2007, 10:06 +0000 schrieb Richard:
> > On a few occasions, during boot, I get a number of messages like this:
> >
> > hub 1-0:1.0: over-current change on port 3
> What that means is the USB hub is reporting excess current draw from
> connected devices.

You are correct. But as he writes, he gets these messages on boot-up,
i.e. when the USB devices are initialized. Also he gets them twice,
which means: Over-current was detected (first message) and some very
short time after again it disappeared again (second message).

So I would consider this as a rush-in-current, which probably is both
harmless and normal.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher