[ltp] Brightness and Suspend on T61 6459-CTO

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 10:44:22 -0500

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

On Wed, Oct 31, 2007 at 10:28:31AM -0700, John Jason Jordan wrote:
> On Wed, 31 Oct 2007 05:31:07 -0700 (PDT)
> mstralka <mstralka@gmail.com> dijo:
>=20
> > I have the T61 with Nvidia 140m and Intel Wireless 3945.  I installed U=
buntu
> > Gutsy last week.
> >=20
> > I've been following the Thinkwiki instructions for Gutsy on the T61 but
> > cannot get the brightness controls to work in X. =20
>=20
> I have a T61 with the same video, although my wireless is the 4965. I
> cannot get the brightness to work without going to the command line
> either. I have followed the Ubuntu threads on this and I haven't heard
> of anyone else succeeding either.

This problem was solved (for me) with the latest IBM bios release,
October 18, bios 1.26, 7KET56WW.  In-X brightness works now via the hw
keys and acpi/ibm/brightness.  Hopefully this solves it for you too.

I still haven't solved the problem where the external USB ports don't
resume properly but the internal USB system (fingerprint and bluetooth)
does, if anyone has any thoughts on that one (usbcore suspend doesn't
seem to affect it, nor does unloading or not unloading the modules, and
it seems to happen from at least 2.6.22 through 2.6.24rc1-wireless-git)

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

George Orwell got it backward.
Big Brother isn't watching.  He's singing and dancing.  He's pulling rabbits
out of a hat.  Big Brother's busy holding your attention every moment you're
awake.  He's making sure you're always distracted.  He's making sure you're
fully absorbed.
He's making sure your imagination withers.  Until it's as useful as your
appendix.  He's making sure your attention is always filled.
	-- Chuck Palahniuk

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY

--4Ckj6UjgE2iN1+kY--