[ltp] Re: Re: Brightness and Suspend on T61 6459-CTO

Mike Kershaw linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 6 Nov 2007 16:25:39 -0500

--XRI2XbIfl/05pQwm

On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 10:17:55PM +0100, Mathias Moser wrote:
> Am Dienstag, den 06.11.2007, 15:37 -0500 schrieb Mike Kershaw:
> > On Tue, Nov 06, 2007 at 03:31:30PM -0500, Mike Kershaw wrote:
> > > So yes - with the latest bios, brightness control appears to work=20
>=20
> Great news! I am just a bit scared of the bios flashing part, I am still
> running a stock 1.07 (7LET37WW) Firmware and am not quite sure if I can
> directly upgrad to the latest...hints appreciated...
>=20
> However, thanks for the good news -

I was running something similarly back leveled - maybe 1.07, but I think
it might have been 1.1something.

I don't see anything on the IBM site that says you can't just update to
the latest directly.

I vaguely remember there being some funniness between the control
program on other thinkpads, and you had to update them at the same time.
According to the IBM list, the 1.06 control version has been there for
quite some time, mine was 1.06 as well, so there were no update
mismatches to worry about there.

So no definite answers, but I didn't do an incremental update and had no
problems.  Typically a bios flash should be a complete image, not a
bindiff, for just that reason - so many things can go wrong with a
bindiff.

Good luck if you decide to flash it, remember to have it plugged in and
fully charged first.

-m

--=20
Mike Kershaw/Dragorn <dragorn@kismetwireless.net>
GPG Fingerprint: 3546 89DF 3C9D ED80 3381  A661 D7B2 8822 738B BDB1

Supercollider Programming: The art of debugging your program by=20
letting it crash and looking at what remains.

--XRI2XbIfl/05pQwm

--XRI2XbIfl/05pQwm--