[ltp] Reverse "Unauthorized network card" patch

Sebastian Luettich linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:23:43 +0100

Florian Reitmeir scripsit:
>On Wed, 07 Nov 2007, Sebastian Luettich wrote:

>> output of uname is irrelevant.

>if you know the solution, why ask on this list?

I don't know the solution, that's why I ask on the list.

>The kernel version is relevant, because there are so many bugs related to
>different kernels.

Now my honest question:  Would you please explain why the the output of
uname is relevant for my specific problem?  To repeat it:  I used the
patch to circumvent the wifi-whitelist check.  The patch worked as
intended, I could swap the Intel 2200 with an Atheros and boot.  Card
worked, but the R51 never woke up from STR.  I suspected problems with
the madwifi driver and/or the card itself.  I swapped the Mini-PCI back
to the original Intel but the wakeup problem persisted.  The one and
only change between working STR/wakeup and b0rken was the cmos-patch and
associated changes in the wpa_supplicant script.

#v+
|selu@latour ~ $ uname -a
|Linux latour 2.6.23-gentoo-r1 #2 PREEMPT Sun Nov 4 07:29:28 CET 2007 i686 Intel(R) Pentium(R) M processor 2.00GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux
#v-

>Sorry for answering your mail, and taking the time to read it.

Please calm down, I never meant to insult you.

regards, Są