[ltp] Reverse "Unauthorized network card" patch

Wed, 7 Nov 2007 12:23:45 -0200

On Wed, 07 Nov 2007, Sebastian Luettich wrote:
> I patched my R51 with the forementioned WiFi patch to turn of the
> whitelist check.  It works like a charm, I can run my Atheros card.

Which change did you use? The CMOS one?

> Sadly, the STR doesn't work anymore.  At first I suspected the madwifi
> driver, so I changed the wifi back to the 2200bg, but still the notebook
> won't wake up.  Screen stays black, no ssh access, no response to
> hotkeys, no reboot possible.

Remove all power supplies.  Remove all batteries.  Press the power button 10
times for about 2 seconds each time.  Then press it one last time for about
10s.  Add batteries and power suplies back.  This will *zero* all the
internal configuration of the machine that is not in the product data EEPROM
or the hard disks.  You will need to reconfigure the machine back from
scratch, but it will clean the CMOS completely.

Note: try it first without pulling off the internal CMOS battery.  If it
doesn't work, you could try it again, but this time with the internal CMOS
battery removed.

Note2: This could brick your box.  It is a procedure aproved by Lenovo, but
your box is already acting strange.   You *have* been warned.

> Could someone supply a "Unbreaking Ur Thinkpad fĝr Dümmies" patch, or
> tell me what I have to change in the source from
>
> http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Problem_with_unauthorized_MiniPCI_network_card

ASSUMING that code works in the first place, you would need to change the
line that reads:

data |= 0x80;

data &= 0x7f;

  Henrique Holschuh