[ltp] thinkfinger pam module doesn't allow ssh login

Wed, 7 Nov 2007 17:55:18 +0200

--hoZxPH4CaxYzWscb

On Wed, Nov 07, 2007 at 12:03:36PM +0200, Micha Feigin wrote:
> After some headaches I just discovered that enabling fingerprint logins u=
sing
> the thinkfinger pam module doesn't allow users with a fingerprint to login
> using ssh. The ssh connection just closes on attempted authentications wi=
th no
> entry in /var/log/auth.log. Users with no fingerprint can login fine (dir=
ty
> workaround).

Users that use SSH keys can also log in.

> Any ideas if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug with
> the thinkfinger pam module?

Probably.  The thinkfinger pam module is a bit of a hack.

Marius Gedminas
--=20
All those who believe in psychokinesis raise my hand.

--hoZxPH4CaxYzWscb

--hoZxPH4CaxYzWscb--