[ltp] using an external monitor with t61 (nvidia)

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 7 Nov 2007 18:56:06 +0200

I am trying to learn how to connect an external monitor, mainly for
presentation purposes (external projector)

The laptop is a t61 with the NVIDIA Quadro NVS 140M chip

The hotkey doesn't work and I couldn't figure out if the acpi interface works.

using the nvidia-settings utility I managed to enabled twinview and get the
monitors size by side or overlapping, but unless I make the external screen
1680x1050 and overlapping this doesn't work with maximized windows or
full screen (presentation mode on acroread), and I don't think that external
projectors support such a resolution.

Any way to get the external monitor working normally as with windows and such
for dual display, or do I need to use xrandr to lower resolution and then set
overlapping displays?

thanks