[ltp] battery electronics

Macskasi Csaba linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 09 Nov 2007 12:28:08 +0100

Hey list!

A friend of mine shot the electronics of the battery of my thinkpad by
charging the battery with an external charger. The cells are ok, the
voltage is correct, but the laptop doesn't work unplugged. I can read
battery information from /proc/acpi/battery successfully. Also if I plug
in the battery to the thinkpad it is beeing  charged.
Is there any way to reset the electronics in the battery manually?
(Perhaps removing the cells and not giving the electronics power for some
time?)

The picture of the opened battery can be viewed here:
http://tuxworld.homelinux.org/misc/skh/accu_small.jpg

Thanks in advance,
Csaba

--
Macskasi Csaba
bitumen at tuxworld dot homelinux dot org