[ltp] Curious WiFi issue dual booting w/T42 running Suse10.3

Jeffrey Franc-Law linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 10 Nov 2007 23:38:28 +0000

I'm not sure about your specific situation however......

Is your wireless card truly not detected, or, is it just unable to get
an IP address from the router?

I do find that if I boot my machine on windows, connect to the wireless
network, then shutdown, and restart in linux (or the other way around)
my wireless router will not issue the ip address.  I beleive, since the
wireless card has the same MAC address on both systems, that the router
is confused.

I have solved this problem by resetting the router after switching from
one os to another.

Took me awhile to figure this out actually.  (slow learner).

ciao,
jfl

--
Jeffrey Michael Franc-Law, MD, CCFP.EM, D Sport Med, EMDM
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Alberta

PGP key at:
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=jeffrey+franc-law&searchformsubmit=Search