[ltp] Is Kubuntu Dapper Drake the end of the line for 600x?

John linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 11:07:18 -0500

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

On (10/11/07 22:01), Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:
> I have been trying to install something newer on the Kubuntu continuum th=
an=20
> Dapper Drake on my 600x, and so far, no joy.
> Anyone still running a 600x? Anyone got a modern kernel running on that=
=20
> puppy?

My 600x has been running Debian Sid for years. Currently the kernel is
a home-baked 2.6.22 from Debian's linux-source-2.6.22. I fall back on
APM, since ACPI does not seem to work, and I have xserver-xorg and
friends held at 1:7.0.23; other than that, all is ship-shape.

If you'd like my .config, write me off-list; it comes, of course, with
absolutely and utterly no guarantees.

It's a fine machine; good luck!

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh

--NzB8fVQJ5HfG6fxh--