Subject: [ltp] Curious WiFi issue dual booting w/T42 running Suse10.3

portsample linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:56:12 -0900

It was not detecting the wifi card.

I'd initially assumed that it was related to an automatic online
upgrade/patch changing a config and lousing things up, but I checked
back through my logs and found that none of the recent ones were kernel
or wireless related.

"Symptomatically", it appeared that there was something about WinXP that
had left the modem unreachable for SuSE for that session...a file lock?
a buffer in the modem that was not clearing??? Booting into XP, (to
download ndiswrapper) cured the problem for whatever reason.

Thanks for the response.