[ltp] Re: T42/P Suspend to RAM Problem on OpenSUSE 10.3

harryc linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 16:33:59 -0500

harryc wrote:
> While running OpenSUSE 10.3, when I put the T42/P into suspend to RAM,
> it wakes up ok except for internal wifi (Atheros 5001x a/b/g), which
> won't go online. Has anyone seen/fixed this issue?

More on this - If I rmmod ath_pci prior to suspending to RAM, then
modprobe ath_pci after restore, wifi works fine. There used to be a way
in OpenSUSE to put bad modules in /etc/pm/config so that they'd be
removed prior to suspend then restarted after recovery. I'll look into
that. If someone has any first hand information, that would be helpful.