[ltp] Is Kubuntu Dapper Drake the end of the line for 600x?

wes schreiner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 18:11:43 -0600

Michelle Klein-Hass wrote:
> I have been trying to install something newer on the Kubuntu continuum
> than Dapper Drake on my 600x,

I just tried a Ubuntu 7.10 CD on a 600E and most everything worked fine.
  No sound, but that's not a surprise.  I didn't check the modem.  I
didn't do anything special but the 600E has a 1999 BIOS date so ACPI
didn't load anyway.  I was pleasantly surprised that the Zyxel G102
PCCard WLAN device (Atheros chipset) was detected and worked fine.  This
600E has 416 MB RAM.  I tried the same CD on a Thinkpad A22e with only
256 MB last month and it failed during installation due to insufficient RAM.

wes