[ltp] Feisty to Gutsy dist-upgrade

Marcus Hagn linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 12 Nov 2007 14:19:22 +0100

Hello,
if you have everything running on Feisty, why do you want to upgrade?
Upgrading (although from an earlier version) caused a lot of trouble
on my X40. Especially suspend and hibernate was not working and after
some tweaking I got only suspend to work (still working on hibernate).
Everything else did not work better as before. Same or higher power
consumption, network manager still somewhat flakey, boot time at least
the same (that is only my "feeling", did not take hard numbers).
I would really keep feisty and wait for the next release. It is not
worth the hazzle. I expect the next version to be more polished.

Regards
Marcus