[ltp] Gnome Down Key Problem

Alex Gonopolskiy linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 13:09:40 -0500

Hello everyone,

I have been having a very strange issue with my T61 Thinkpad.  I've
had this problem on both Debian and Ubuntu, I am currently running
Ubuntu.  The problem is as follows:

The down arrow button does not seem to work in Gnome, when I first
installed Debian, it used to work fine, but starting from about a
month or two ago it stopped scrolling down.  However it does work with
other desktop environments such as Xfce.  I tried playing around with
different keyboard layouts but it doesn't seem to fix anything.  Has
Gnome recently changed keyboard shortcuts that could somehow affect
this?  Has anyone had any similar problems before?  I'm completely
lost, and thanks for everyones help in advance.