[ltp] Re: Curious WiFi issue dual booting w/T42 running Suse10.3

Jeffrey Franc-Law linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 13 Nov 2007 20:08:59 +0000

Although I agree, it should, I know in practice that they often don't.
I've had the same problem, and spent hours trying to debug network
problems in both OS's only to find the whole thing fixed by resetting
the router.  Have had the same problem with three different routers.
Issue only seems to come up when the same machine is booted in rapid
succession on two different OS.

I would suggest that anyone who has trouble with network when switching
between OS's should try resetting the router before launching into any
extensive debugging.

ciao,
jfl

--
Jeffrey Michael Franc-Law, MD, CCFP.EM, D Sport Med, EMDM
Assistant Clinical Professor of Emergency Medicine, University of Alberta

PGP key at:
http://keyserver.veridis.com:11371/search?q=jeffrey+franc-law&searchformsubmit=Search