[ltp] T61p with 1650x1080 screen rather than 1920x1200

Daniel Pittman linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 17 Nov 2007 01:09:11 +1100

G'day.

A while back I posted here seeking advice about checking the screen
resolution of my new T61p, since it seemed to have a smaller screen than
the spec indicated.

I have since then been in communication with Lenovo who took it back,
DOA, shipped down a replacement ... and my reseller called me to explain
that this also had a 1650x1080 screen.

Lenovo have shipped it up to their local repair center to replace the
LCD with the correct panel, and are rather unhappy that they seem to
have an entire batch, some hundreds of machines, with the wrong panel
fitted.

I figured that some of y'all would be interested to know the conclusion
of the saga, and thanks for the advice I received when I was first
investigating this.

Regards,
        Daniel
--