[ltp] Re: Intermittent wireless T61

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 19:03:53 +0200

On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 10:55:17 +0100
Mathias Moser <mathiasmoser@aon.at> wrote:

> Am Donnerstag, den 15.11.2007, 20:07 -0800 schrieb John Jason Jordan:
> > Has anyone else ever had the wireless just suddenly stop? Dare I hope
> > that there is a fix? Does anyone have any suggestions?
>
> Are you using the latest iwlwifi driver and firmware image? Your problem
> has been an issue with earlier versions but it seems to be fixed..

go to the following site and download the iwl driver, ucode (firmware) and
mac80211 stack. I don't know if all are needed but I use the whole set from
there (same laptop and chipset). note that there are two firmwares, the one
that showed there, ends with 17 and one that somewhere else has a newer
date, .1.18 but that one seemed less stable to me.

You may also want to download the thinkpad_acpi patch from
http://ibm-acpi.sourceforge.net/ I don't know if it makes a difference, but when
I load the driver I see a message in dmesg that says that it found a wireless
antena and turned it on.

i don't think it's related but you may also want
http://www.thinkwiki.org/wiki/Tp_smapi, apart from the tp_smapi driver it has
a patch for the hdaps module that makes it work with the t61 so that you can
run the hdapsd daemon that protects you diskdrive (the shock sensors).