[ltp] VMware: Modify virtual machine BIOS...advice? Thinkpad and IBM Recovery CDs

James C. Mankin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 12:48:59 -0500

I went down that road.  Except I had a dual boot machine so just had to
run the converter program in the Windows system.   But it doesnt work
because you
cant log into Windows in the virtual machine without reactivating XP
(which doesnt work with the code printed on the machine I believe
because the
VM has a different bios than the real machine as per the originator of
this thread)   Anyway I ended buying a new copy of XP and installing
that which worked fine.

Jim