[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Sat, 17 Nov 2007 20:39:56 -0200

On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> Well it doesn't impact on brightness control directly, but it reports an
> event when using fn+home/fn+end wich I catch from my window manager to
> run xbacklight.

That could be the problem.  You shouldn't do anything extra to change
brightness in userspace when using video.c to do it.

That said, have you any idea why you are getting two brightness up/down key
events (or did I understand the report incorrectly)?  Do you get that when
thinkpad-acpi is unloaded?

> /dev/input/event0
>    bustype : BUS_I8042
>    vendor  : 0x1
>    product : 0x1
>    version : 43860
>    name    : "AT Translated Set 2 keyboard"
>    phys    : "isa0060/serio0/input0"
>    bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_MSC EV_LED EV_RE
>
> lsinput /dev/input/event0 reports nothing when using Fn+home/end

Yeah, Lenovo has not moved the brightness events to the KDC, just the volume
up/down/mute keys.

> /dev/input/event4
>    bustype : BUS_HOST
>    vendor  : 0x17aa
>    product : 0x5054
>    version : 16641
>    name    : "ThinkPad Extra Buttons"
>    phys    : "thinkpad_acpi/input0"
>    bits ev : EV_SYN EV_KEY EV_MSC EV_SW
>
> lsinput /dev/input/event4 reports nothing either

Good.  It shouldn't send events for brightness on your thinkpad.

  Henrique Holschuh