[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2007 00:34:59 +0100

On sam, 2007-11-17 at 20:39 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> On Sat, 17 Nov 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > Well it doesn't impact on brightness control directly, but it reports an
> > event when using fn+home/fn+end wich I catch from my window manager to
> > run xbacklight.
>
> That could be the problem.  You shouldn't do anything extra to change
> brightness in userspace when using video.c to do it.

Even with nothing binded it works like that, but anyway I wasn't testing
with video module loaded

> That said, have you any idea why you are getting two brightness up/down key
> events (or did I understand the report incorrectly)?  Do you get that when
> thinkpad-acpi is unloaded?

No. If I load thinkpad-acpi I have one event with brightness up/down, if
I load video I have another event (with some delay) and if I load both I
have two events.

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez