[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Sun, 18 Nov 2007 09:22:30 -0200

On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On sam, 2007-11-17 at 23:41 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > On Sun, 18 Nov 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > > No. If I load thinkpad-acpi I have one event with brightness
> > up/down, if
> > > I load video I have another event (with some delay) and if I load
> > both I
> > > have two events.
> >
> > Err, yes, you certainly will have two ACPI events in the ACPI procfs
> > handler
> > (the one acpi_listen uses right now), but they should be *different*
> > events.
>
> By events in meant keypresses.
> >
> > But what about that duplicate keypress 212 you talked about?  What is
> > translating the events to a keypress?  THAT should not be listening to
> > the
> > thinkpad-specific events *at* *all*.
>
> Hmh I don't know. acpid maybe? I'll try without, but I really don't know
> what could influe. hal?

HAL.  Definately.  Especially if you use Ubuntu or Fedora 8, which are
braindamaged.

KDE has some built-in "thinkpad support" crap that also could be to blame.
Gnome seems to have (properly) shunted it all into HAL.

  Henrique Holschuh