[ltp] Getting ipw3945 kill switch to bring eth1 down?

Marc MERLIN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 18 Nov 2007 16:59:50 -0800

[Please ignore the unwanted forced reply-to and do include me on
replies, thanks]

If I disable the interface, I get this:
kernel: ipw3945: Radio Frequency Kill Switch is On:
kernel: Kill switch must be turned off for wireless networking to work.

That's great, and as expected.

However, I have avahi, and other interface autodetect stuff (ubuntu
gutsy), and killing the networking does not bring down my eth1
interface, and worse, doesn't bring the route down, forcing me to do it
by hand.

That just can't be right...

Is it the same for you?
Besides using a syslog parser to detect the kill switch line and running
ifconfig eth1 down, is there a better way to do this?

Thanks
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/