[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Mon, 19 Nov 2007 12:13:26 -0200

On Mon, 19 Nov 2007, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 18, 2007 at 11:08:20PM +0000, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > >
> > > If acpid isn't running, thinkpad-acpi doesn't report keypresses (while
> > > video still does, with some delay).
>
> Ok, I was wrong. I restarted the computer, logged in console, started only
> openbox.
>
> If hal and acpid are stopped, thinkpad-acpi loaded, video unloaded,
> fn+home/end report keypresses 101/212 in xev. I tried to remove the button
> module but it doesn't help.

Send me by private email the dmidecode and acpidump output for your
thinkpad, please.  Remove the UUID and serial numbers from the dmidecode
output.

I know of no thinkpad that reports brightness directly over the KDC, but it
is not impossible it might happen.

It is also possible that you still have something running doing that
translation.  Could you test it in the console in *single user* mode,
without anything else running?  Or with pure X.org + xterm running, without
anything else (no window manager)?

  Henrique Holschuh