[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 16:04:28 +0100

On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 02:25:52PM +0000, Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> On Mon, Nov 19, 2007 at 02:13:26PM +0000, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > It is also possible that you still have something running doing that
> > translation.  Could you test it in the console in *single user* mode,
> > without anything else running?  Or with pure X.org + xterm running, without
> > anything else (no window manager)?
>
> I just tested with no hal, no acpid, no dbus, runnin only xorg+xterm.
> keypresses are reported as soon as thinkpad-acpi is loaded.
>
> I can try in console but how can I check there are keypresses reported from
> commandline?

Ok I tried with input-events 1 (thinkpad extra buttons) in console, single
user, acpid and hald stopped, thinkpad-acpi loaded.

it reports:

EV_KEY KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN pressed
EV_SYN code=0 value=0
EV_KEY KEY_BRIGHTNESSDOWN released

and

EV_KEY KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP pressed
EV_SYN code=0 value=0UP
EV_KEY KEY_BRIGHTNESSUP released

so it really seems to send those events (fun I still have to xmodmap to
recover them in X)

Cheers,

--
Yves-Alexis