[ltp] ATI, fglrx, suspend to ram - works!

karmaking linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 16 Nov 2007 14:38:16 -0800 (PST)

Hi *,

I had the same problem of freezing on resume after suspend-to-ram (S3). I
finally got it working by disabling DRI (direct rendering infrastructure) in
xorg.conf. It's even possible doing completely without the fglrx kernel
module then.

Seems I have to get along without 3D acceleration, but for me, hibernate-ram
is more important. There's probably hope again with future driver versions.

cheers
Daniel

TP Z61m, Mobility Radeon X1400, fglrx 8.40.4, gentoo-sources-2.6.22-r8
hibernate-script 1.97

Hi, I had troubles with suspend too. I'm only interested in suspend to
ram. About a month ago someone gives some files and info and it works
with them!