[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 19 Nov 2007 20:04:10 +0100

On lun, 2007-11-19 at 16:48 -0200, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Ah, I think I might know what is happening, now.
>
> Someone got a bad patch merged behind my back by sending it directly
> Linus, and it could cause exactly what you describe.
>
> Dammit, I should have recalled that possibility much sooner.
>
> I have sent a fix-up patch to Len Brown, but it has not been merged
> into
> mainline, yet.  Just in case it is what is troubling you, I will
> attach it
> to this message.

I'll try rc3 with this patch and report back. The correct behavior would
be for brightness keys to be processed "in kernel" by video module,
without userspace intervention? What should be thinkpad-acpi role in
that case? Report lid events to be processed by acpid?

Regards,
--
Yves-Alexis Perez