[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Yves-Alexis Perez linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 20 Nov 2007 13:30:58 +0100

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 11:35:00AM +0000, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> Thinkpad-acpi can't shut down the screen, either.

Yeah but using thinkpad-acpi and xmodmaping 212/201 to brightness keys, then
binding them to xbacklight +/-10, I could. xbacklight =0 would shut down the
screen.

> If I ever find out how to do it in a portable way, you bet I will.  But so
> far, the only thing that works right is the DPMS calls, and *that* is
> something I am not doing, ever.  Leave it for the X server and console
> blanking code.
>
> > (and 100% in video.c is brighter than in thinkpad-acpi...)
>
> That should not happen in thinkpad-acpi 0.18 (where you have 16-level
> support for brightness).  But that does mean the highest level is 15 on some
> thinkpads, and not just 7 :p

The thing is, I don't know how to use those 16 levels. I currently use
xmodmap+wm bindings. (so I could only use (100/16)% increments)
But still, xbacklight =100 was brighter using video.c than using
thinkpad-acpi.

--
Yves-Alexis