[ltp] Re: thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Marcus Better linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:11:29 +0100

Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> If I watch and xev while typing Fn+Home/Down, I can see that the events
> are reported twice (for example 212 Keypress, 212 Keyrelease, 212
> Keypress, 212 Keyrelease).

I have the same effect with kernel 2.6.23.1 and thinkpad-acpi 0.18-20071013,
module options hotkey=enable,0xffff8f experimental=1 brightness_enable=1,
video module loaded.

Unloading the video module removes the duplicate events, but the brightness
keys have no effect now. (Previously they didn't work either, but would
just show the on-screen display and cause a brief flicker.)

Marcus