[ltp] Re: thinkpad-acpi release for 2.6.24-rc2

Micha Feigin linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 21 Nov 2007 12:45:17 +0200

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 07:11:29 +0100
Marcus Better <marcus@better.se> wrote:

> Yves-Alexis Perez wrote:
> > If I watch and xev while typing Fn+Home/Down, I can see that the events
> > are reported twice (for example 212 Keypress, 212 Keyrelease, 212
> > Keypress, 212 Keyrelease).
>
> I have the same effect with kernel 2.6.23.1 and thinkpad-acpi 0.18-20071013,
> module options hotkey=enable,0xffff8f experimental=1 brightness_enable=1,
> video module loaded.
>
> Unloading the video module removes the duplicate events, but the brightness
> keys have no effect now. (Previously they didn't work either, but would
> just show the on-screen display and cause a brief flicker.)

I have both modules, didn't setup thinkpad_acpi special so it probably doesn't
have video enabled and with the new beta nvidia module brightness now works
fine in X (I did lose transparency in X with xfce4 but it works with compiz so
it may be some other update that broke that).