[ltp] T43 memory buying advice?

Fri, 23 Nov 2007 00:56:05 -0500

Hi All:
	I've decided to upgrade my T43 memory from two 512MB modules
into two 1GB modules. I'm looking at very *reliable* memory, so
naturally I look at corsair. T43 has PC2-4200 DDR2 memory with 553MHz
bus speed. Looking at amazon.com, it turns out the newer memory PC-5400
with 667MHz bus speed is cheaper than the PC2-4200 one.
	So my question is if I buy the newer PC-5400 memory, would it be
compatible with my slower bus? Would I have any detrimental effects in
terms of reliability or compatibility by using the faster bus memory?
	I know I won't achieve the faster bus speed, but I don't want
any instability/incompatibility. Anyone have used the newer memory on
the older bus?
	Also, is corsair worth the money, since this is their "value
select" line of product? Do people have good experience with Kingston or
Crucial.com?
	Thanks for all the info.
								Jiang