[ltp] T61 with X3100 Video Card Problems Ubuntu

Leonardo Monasterio linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 25 Nov 2007 00:20:04 -0200

Dear  All,

I am a linux newbie and I really need your help.

I have followed the Ubuntu 7.10 installation instructions. I have a
Lenovo T61 6465 with 1 gig ram and intel x3100.
Things went relatively smooth, but- contrary to what Thinkwiki says-
the intel graphics card did not work out of the box. First it gave me
just the vesa generic. Then I tried to reconfigure it using  "sudo
dpkg-reconfigure_xserver-xorg", but the best I could do was to get as
graphics car a  "vesa generic/ intel - experimental modesetting...".

Any suggestions? I would be very grateful because I would like to use
the  extended screen.

Thank you. Yours,

Leo.