[ltp] Re: T61 with X3100 Video Card Problems Ubuntu

Leonardo Monasterio linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 26 Nov 2007 15:50:07 -0200

Dear David,

Thank you very much. I had no idea about the CTRL-ALT- Backspace.
Unfortunately, it did not help.
Below there is a copy of my current xorg.conf file. Strangely it
recognizes the GM960, but this do not show up in ubuntu's  "screen and
monitor".
"
Section "Device"
	Identifier	"Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics
Controller"
	Driver		"intel"
	BusID		"PCI:0:2:0"
	Option		"UseFBDev"		"true"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	Option		"DPMS"
	HorizSync	28-64
	VertRefresh	43-60
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"Intel Corporation Mobile GM965/GL960 Integrated Graphics Controller"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	DefaultDepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Modes		"1280x800"
	EndSubSection
EndSection"

I have tried the "xrandr --query". The result is the following (with
the external monitor unplugged):
"Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1280 x 1280
VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
LVDS connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 331mm x 207mm
   1280x800       60.0*+   60.0     50.0
   1280x768       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9
TMDS-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right)".

With the external monitor plugged I get"
"leonardo@leonardo-laptop:~$ xrandr --query
Screen 0: minimum 320 x 200, current 1280 x 800, maximum 1280 x 1280
VGA disconnected (normal left inverted right)
LVDS connected 1280x800+0+0 (normal left inverted right) 331mm x 207mm
   1280x800       60.0*+   60.0     50.0
   1280x768       60.0
   1024x768       60.0
   800x600        60.3
   640x480        59.9
TMDS-1 disconnected (normal left inverted right)".

I think that most certainly I am making a very stupid mistake. Any suggestion?
Thank you,

Leo