[ltp] Replacement for mouse button rubber disk

Christoph Lechleitner linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:53:12 +0100

Wolf Wiegand schrieb:
> Hi Paul,
>
> Paul Kaplan wrote:
>
>> See if you can download the "Hardware Maintenance Manual" for your machine.
>> It will show all the part numbers.  At a minimum, you should be able to
>> identify the button assembly.
>
> Thanks, unfortunately the manual only shows the entire keyboard as one part - so
> those rubber disks don't seem to be available on their own.

They definitively are available on their own, and cheap too. A few years ago I payed some 4 ¤ for a pack of 6 caps of 3 different shapes.

However, they are not specific to a ThinkPad or even a keyboard; this might be a reason for not mentioning them on the list of replacement parts for a specific machine.

For example, there are those ThinkPad style USB keyboards that gives your thumbs the beloved Trackpoint/Touchpad/3 Mousebuttons in desktop or docking station environments, I couldn't work without 'em ;-))

Regards Christoph