[ltp] OT - Average Life of Thinkpad Mouse Buttons

Kelvin KAN linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 17:49:38 +0800

Hi,

I've been using the trackpoint & touchpad quite extensively.

Last December (after 2 yr of purchase), the mouse buttons of my T42 went
crazy (either refused to respond or swapped the left/right buttons
undesirable).  And Lenovo replaced the whole set of trackpoint &
touchpad for me.

And then yesterday, the left buttons refused to respond again, but I
could still use the external USB mouse buttons.

Luckily, the T42 is still within warranty until end of 2007.

So I am wondering if there is any time / no.of.clicks life limit of the
mouse buttons.

Anyway, 1 or 2-yr seems too short.

Thanks,
-