[ltp] OT - Average Life of Thinkpad Mouse Buttons

Nils Faerber linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 29 Nov 2007 11:04:53 +0100

Kelvin KAN schrieb:
> Hi,
Hi!

> I've been using the trackpoint & touchpad quite extensively.
>
> Last December (after 2 yr of purchase), the mouse buttons of my T42 went
> crazy (either refused to respond or swapped the left/right buttons
> undesirable).  And Lenovo replaced the whole set of trackpoint &
> touchpad for me.
>
> And then yesterday, the left buttons refused to respond again, but I
> could still use the external USB mouse buttons.
>

> Luckily, the T42 is still within warranty until end of 2007.
>

> So I am wondering if there is any time / no.of.clicks life limit of the
> mouse buttons.
>
> Anyway, 1 or 2-yr seems too short.

No problem here on T42p.
I suspect dirt or sweaty fingers on touchpad. The tuchpads are a little
vulnerable to dirt. I once had an almost invisible but thick long hair
stuck on it and wondered quite some time about erradic mouse behaviour.
After cleaning everything was back to normal again.

> Thanks,
> Kelvin.
Cheers
  nils faerber

Sieghuetter Hauptweg 48    Fax: +49-271-771091-19
D-57072 Siegen             Mob: +49-176-21024535