[ltp] Memory bandwith result from Memtest 86+?

Thu, 29 Nov 2007 06:12:54 -0500

Hi all:
	I recently upgraded the memory into two Corsair 1G sticks on my
thinkpad T43, and as routine when upgrading, I tested my memory with
memtest 86+. A line in the screen piqued my interest: it shows that my
memory bandwidth is "1454MB/s". I'm not a memory expert at all, but my
two identical memories are VS1GSDS533D2, PC2-4200 DDR2 ram at 553MHz,
identical with thinkpad spec. According to this
"http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_device_bandwidths#Memory_Interconnect_Buses_.2F_RAM"
I should get 4.267 GB/s for single channel PC2-4200 memory, and double
that for dual channel. Does T43 support dual channel technology?  In any
case, my memory bandwidth is barely more than a third of the even the
single channel figure quoted on wikipedia. Did I just somehow bungled my
memory upgrades?
	What kind of application will make memory bandwidth its main
bottleneck?
	Thanks for info.
								Jiang