[ltp] R61 touchpad not recognized in Ubuntu

Ugo Riboni linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 30 Nov 2007 01:40:05 +0100

> > The real issue is with the three mouse buttons that are located under
> > the space bar, above the touchpad. They work OK for single clicks, but
> > for some reason it doesn't seem to be possible to hold them down to
> > drag. I can hold the two buttons under the touchpad just fine, but
> > these three buttons above it are much more confortable for me.
>
> I've heard of issues that scrollwheel emu with the trackpointer
> doesn't work anymore (keeping a button pressed then use the
> trackpointer to scroll) when using separated devices for pad
> and pointer.
>
> Maybe this could work when the trackpointer (including it's
> 3 buttons) would be driven by the real trackpointer driver and
> not by the plain pass-through emu thing.

When the touchpad driver is disabled, the three buttons can be held
down again (trackpoint is always in ps2 emu). Only after i enable the
touchpad driver the three buttons can be just clicked but not held
anymore.

So it seems that the touchpad driver in some way is trying to drive
them but partially failing.
This would match what Sebastien said in the other email in this
thread, that he read that the 3 buttons are bound to the touchpad and
not to the trackpointer.

Is there a way I can double check this ? Some hardware info that i
should provide ?

> PS: Anyone who has similar issues, please add comments to the
> bug, otherwise the R61 thing is considered solved and done with
> that patch on bugzilla.

I will add the comments about the 3 buttons to the bug tomorrow.
However as Sebastien asked, should the bug be reopened ? If so, how ?
Or just adding comments to the closed bug is enough ?

Thanks,
--
Ugo