[ltp] suspend with ubuntu gutsy

Fri, 30 Nov 2007 11:56:49 -0500

On Nov 30, 2007 3:58 AM, Jan Kundr=E1t <jkt@gentoo.org> wrote:
> Tro wrote:
> > Does the free radeon driver support Mobility Radeon X1300? If not, then=
 it
> > means no 2D acceleration either and a low resolution.
>
> You should have searched before asking. There's no stable driver for
> X1300. Some people say it works for them with VESA and a decent
> resolution (1400x1050 on a 14" LCD). There's also a free drievr that is
> under development, the RadeonHD project.

Dave and I have also been working on adding support for r5xx and r6xx
chips the existing radeon driver.  It's available on the
atombios-support branch of the xf86-video-ati driver.  It currently
supports randr 1.2 for r5xx and r6xx and xaa and exa acceleration for
r5xx.  r6xx acceleration will be coming soon.  Support for mobility
chips seems to be a bit flaky at the moment as neither of us as access
to a r5xx/r6xx based laptop.
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati/log/?h=3Datombios-su=
pport

Alex