[ltp] T61p Gutsy 1920x1200 Modelines...

Florian Reitmeir linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 1 Oct 2007 17:20:49 +0200

On Mon, 01 Oct 2007, Christoph Lechleitner wrote:

> > The funny thing is that the various supported resolutions for this
> > option have everything BUT 1920x1200. I need the modelines for this and
> > couldn't figure out how to get them. Anyone got a xorg.conf for me ?
> Attached ;-))
>
> Be aware that the vesa list of supported resolution includes color depths per
> record!
>
> See my blog ...
> http://www.ibcl.at//ibclweb/ibclweb?page=ShowBLogArticle&service=external&sp=l148
>  ... a straight way to vesa setup with unusual resolutions.

I would have been nice, to post the solution here on the list aswell. In some
weeks your Blog might be gone, but the list archive remains..

so the trick is..

- stop the X server
- use "hwinfo --framebuffer" to get information about your framebuffer
- if you have to add some modelines, you can generate the correct syntax
	with:
	cvt width height freq
	e.g. "cvt 1920 1200 60"

--