[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071002 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Wed, 3 Oct 2007 00:02:47 -0300

I have released version 0.17-20071002 of thinkpad-acpi through the
sourceforge.net release system.

Patches are available for 2.6.20, 2.6.21, 2.6.22 and 2.6.23-rc at:
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=117042&package_id=230205

git users can get it directly from tags in:
git://repo.or.cz/linux-2.6/linux-acpi-2.6/ibm-acpi-2.6.git

This release needs testing, and it needs testing FAST.  It has two important
features that could make it for 2.6.24, if I get reports of how well they
work in less than a week.

* Support for 16-level brightness for Lenovo thinkpads
  (X61, T61 *needs* this.  X60 likely does so, as well.  T60 appears not to,
   but I welcome tests, it should auto-detect).

  Note that this may or may not fix issues with the brightness *hot keys*,
  but it *really* is supposed to fix all issues with the sysfs/procfs
  backlight/brightness interface on the ThinkPads with 16 levels.

* Revamped NVRAM polling support for hot keys.  I had to redo a lot of the
  code, so that it plugs nicely into hotkey_mask.

  I have received so far *NO* reports from Thinkpads that really benefit
  from NVRAM polling, such as the T23 and T30 and earlier.

  Henrique Holschuh