[ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071002 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Wed, 3 Oct 2007 08:50:47 -0300

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Jan Gutter wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 00:02 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > This release needs testing, and it needs testing FAST.  It has two important
> > features that could make it for 2.6.24, if I get reports of how well they
> > work in less than a week.
> >
> > * Support for 16-level brightness for Lenovo thinkpads
> >   (X61, T61 *needs* this.  X60 likely does so, as well.  T60 appears not to,
> >    but I welcome tests, it should auto-detect).
>
> I have a Thinkpad X61 Tablet model, I get the following results:
>
> /proc/acpi/ibm/brightness lists 7 levels, if I set from 0 to 7, it goes
> from dark to about half-bright. Luckily the Fn-keys set the brightness
> to full (no matter if you go up or down ;-)
>
> If I'm not mistaken it should be 15, right?

Yes.  Please send me the output of dmidecode (edit out the UUID and serial
numbers) and of acpidump.  I need what is in the SSDTs and DSDT.

Maybe the method I used to detect 16 levels is not good for all thinkpads...
I will know once I get your acpidump.

> I'm running 2.6.23-rc9, and I've skipped testing 0.16 release. Should I
> check it out too?

Nah, it won't make a difference.

  Henrique Holschuh