[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071002 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Wed, 3 Oct 2007 19:03:44 -0300

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Jan Gutter wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 15:25 -0300, Henrique de Moraes Holschuh wrote:
> > Please try this patch, and send me the debug output from thinkpad-acpi...
>
> OK, I've just run the patch (rmmodded the old thinkpad-acpi, insmodded
> the new) and I got the following in dmesg:
>
> thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad ACPI Extras v0.17-20071002
> thinkpad_acpi: http://ibm-acpi.sf.net/
> thinkpad_acpi: ThinkPad BIOS 7SET18WW (1.04 ), EC 7RHT16WW-1.02
> thinkpad_acpi: Lenovo ThinkPad X61 Tablet
> thinkpad_acpi: radio switch found; radios are enabled
> thinkpad_acpi: debug: start check for 16 brightness levels
> thinkpad_acpi: debug: will call _BCL
> input: ThinkPad Extra Buttons as /devices/virtual/input/input9
>
> I added a check, just to be sure: ACPI_SUCCESS(status) is false after
> _BCL is called.

You found the problem.  It is not doing a depth-walk to find LCD0._BCL.  I
shall have it fixed soon, there is a ugly and a nice way to do it.

Please do test the ugly way, just so we can test the rest of the stuff:

change the only occourrence of "_BCL" in thinkpad-acpi to "LCD0._BCL", that
should make things work.

  Henrique Holschuh