[ltp] Re: T61p with nVIDIA Quadro FX 570M / WUXGA on 15.4" ?

Peter Teuben linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 02 Oct 2007 15:25:10 -0400

very good news on one of my problems:

Peter Teuben wrote:

> 1) didn't try the vesa drive, went straight to the nvidia ddriver.
>    I don't know if  it's that driver, but for a lot of programs my
>    screen updates/draws are VERY slow. Mostly notably OpenOffice, and
>    also for example a scroll in emacs is very slow and jerky.
>    OO is probably the best (worst) example: making a presentation is
>    now a MAJOR pain, and reminds me to working on a slow 200 MHz
>    machine  with 16MB memory.

i've updated from NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.11-pkg1.run to
NVIDIA-Linux-x86-100.14.19-pkg1.run, where their webpage does say
there is explicit support for the Quadra FX 570, and indeed , it
makes a HUGE difference. All my problems with updating the screen
(in OpenOffice e.g.) have gone away. It's spiffy as I had expected
it to be on this laptop!

peter