[ibm-acpi-devel] [ltp] thinkpad-acpi release 0.17-20071002 uploaded to ibm-acpi.sf.net

Wed, 3 Oct 2007 22:28:03 -0300

On Wed, 03 Oct 2007, Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Will this release make it into 2.6.23?

2.6.23?  Linus would have my spleen with bacon and eggs, AFTER Len Brown
removed it using a platic spoon should I be dumb enough to even try.  2.6.23
is just a few days away, we are at -rc9...

But it is not impossible to get it into 2.6.24.  It needs to get ready and
working in two, three days tops, though.  Otherwise, Len might well not
accept it for 2.6.24.

I am still not really sure about the NVRAM polling (I had to change too much
on the patch, and got no reports about the version in 20071002), but the
brightness support is non-controversial (no API changes of any sort), as
long as it works (and what is in 20071002 has zero chance of working.  I
hope my latest patch does fix it, though.  If it does work, I will send it
right away to Len).

  Henrique Holschuh